Dwell with Dignity’s much-anticipated Thrift Studio returns this April and we have five insider tips to help you prepare.
(Above: Brittany Cobb at her 2016 Thrift Studio Vignette)
Let’s get started:
1) Prep in advance! Photograph the various rooms in your house, and create a target list of home furnishings and decorative items that you need. You may want to take some measurements, too. Store everything on your phone for easy access while shopping.
2) Skip the lines! Be among the first to shop through the wonderland of luxury home furnishings and art at the Opening Preview Party April 4 from 7 to 9 p.m. Hosted by nationally-recognized author and lifestyle expert Kimberly Schlegel Whitman, the event includes an elevated culinary and mixology experience. Admission to the event starts at $125 and tickets can be purchased here.
3) Arrive early! History has proven that there will be a long line of anxiously-waiting shoppers on opening day to the public (April 5), so arrive early. The studio is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. April 5-27 (Monday-Saturday).
4) Don’t just go once! Visit frequently throughout the month, as the Thrift Studio team continuously replenishes each vignette with completely new items. Ask a Thrift Studio staff member if there are specific days and times when they replenish, so you can coordinate your next visit.
5) Stay up to date! Follow Instagram @DwellwithDignity for additional markdowns on featured products of the day.
All proceeds from sales benefit Dwell With Dignity’s mission to provide low-income families and their new permanent housing with furniture, bedding, kitchen supplies, art, professional interior styling, food in the pantry and their first night’s meal.