This is one in a series of random excerpts from the Highland Park ISD Student Code of Conduct:
Students shall not:
- Possess published or electronic material that is designed to promote or encourage illegal behavior or that could threaten school safety.
- Engage in verbal (oral or written) exchanges that threaten the safety of another students, a school employee, or school property.
- Make false accusations or perpetrate hoaxes regarding school safety.
- Engage in any conduct that school officials might reasonably believe will automatically disrupt the school program or incite violence.
- Throw objects that can cause bodily injury or property damage.
- Discharge a fire extinguisher without valid cause.
Maybe that second-to-last bullet point needs some clarification. I’m pretty sure Brooks Burgin could throw a football in my direction and cause bodily injury.