With the gifts listed below, the district has surpassed the $1 million mark for the year. From last night’s HPISD Board of Trustees meeting:
– $160,309, from the Hyer Elementary PTA. The money will be used for a variety of things, including netbooks, iPads, instructional supplies, and teacher graduate course reimbursement.
– $86,805, from the Highland Park High School PTA. The bulk of the money will help fulfill teacher requests.
– $80,000, from the Park Cities Dads’ Teachers Cup Golf tournament. Funds will be used for staff development.
– $10,000, from the Park Cities Dads’ Club. The money was distributed to Highland Park MS, Hyer, and University Park Elementary, based on results from the golf tournament.
– $18,975, from the HP Sports Club. The gift is an in-kind donation of 150 warm-up suits for the girls cross country and track teams.
– $7,036, also from the HP Sports Club. New chairs for basketball, volleyball, wrestling, and pep rallies.
– $6,300, HP Sports Club, to be used for 50 sets of middle school girls basketball uniforms.
– $9,630, from the HP Education Foundation. The gift will be used to support teacher salaries.
–$36,793, from the Bradfield PTA. The money will be used for instructional support, buses for field trips, and $2,000 worth of Purell hand sanitizer.