1. I just got back from five days in New York, where it rained every day, and the temperature bounced around in the 70s. Normally that would be a complaint, but after six straight Dallas days of 100+ temperatures (and the prospect of nine more coming up), I was content.
I’ve taken a shine to your food, your people, and your efficient government meetings, Texas, but I’ll probably never fall in love with your weather.
2. Just a reminder for folks living in the new SMU parking district: time to apply for your parking passes. UP Police won’t enforce the zone until September, but applications were accepted starting June 13. For more info, head to the University Park Police Department.
3. Anyone been to the new In-N-Out Burger on Caruth Haven yet? For the record, I think their burgers are thebomb.com, but their fries are a bit lackluster.
4. Look for all us Park Cities People folk at the parade on Monday. It may be your first shot to see me in person/ throw tomatoes at me for my unfair/biased/terrible coverage of whatever issue you champion. See you Monday!
5. Out of the 100 or so articles I’ve written for Park Cities People since I started in September, the May 17 article about backyard chickens resulted in by far the most emails/calls/ carrier pigeon messages. It’s mostly been people who support the cause, and chicken aficionado Dominique Miller said she’s prepared to bring the issue to City Hall.
6. No HP or UP council meetings this week, for those bureaucracy buffs out there.