1. Snow. Ice. Again. Tomorrow?
2. Those hoping to stock up on pizza for the impending storm (That’s a thing, right? Stocking up on pizza?) would be wise to head to California Pizza Kitchen in Preston Center today for lunch or dinner. If you print out this flier, and hand it to your server, 20 percent of the tab will go to support Hyer Elementary.
And, if you don’t like pizza, our address is 750 N. St. Paul Street, Suite 2100, Dallas.
3. Today’s UP Planning and Zoning Commission meeting will take on the future of the Chase Bank building. In other news, the sun will rise, you will continue to pay taxes, and someday you will die.
The public hearing starts at 4 p.m.
4. A new project at the corner of SMU Boulevard and Greenville Avenue kicked off construction last month, bringing 417 apartments and 9,100 square-feet of retail with it, according to a project spokeswoman. Well, technically not with it right now, but in a bit.
So if you’ve been using the lot as a cut-through on your walk from Bangkok City to the Angelika, I wouldn’t anymore. You know, rats and safety and trespassing and whatnot.
The project is immediately north of UP’s Peek Service Center.
5. Neighbors to the immediate west and north of SMU should expect a letter soon from University Park officials outlining their proposal for a parking district around the campus. Councilmen approved sending the letter at last night’s City Council meeting.
The City Council didn’t vote on two of its agenda items last night, however: one item regarded a property on Turtle Creek Boulevard for possible lease, and the second on a scholarship fund for city employees. The lease item has been removed indefinitely, while the scholarship item will most likely be picked up again at the next meeting.